If you experience sluggish bowel movements, you’re not alone. This digestive challenge is one of the common digestive issues reported in Western populations and it affects women nearly twice as much as men and increases with age. So, what are the causes of this and how can you fix it?
Causes of sluggish bowels
Everyone’s transit time for bowel movements is different depending on diet and lifestyle, but ideally everyone should go at least once a day.
Simple ways to help avoid or reduce sluggish bowels
- Increase your daily fibre intake by including more vegetables, fruit and whole grains in your diet
- Drink plenty of fluids, especially water as it aids the digestive process and avoids hard stools
- Avoid as much as you can high-fat, high-sugar and processed foods
- Stay active as exercise helps keep the whole digestive process moving along
- Try Phloe®, it has been clinically shown to help keep you regular
How Phloe® can help
Some traditional solutions cause bowel urgency, digestive discomfort, nutrient loss and can lead to the reliance for daily movements. However Phloe® is clinically shown to work naturally and gently with your body to help keep you regular and avoid digestive discomfort. Suitable for long term use.